What do you need for Proof of Citizenship for those born outside the U.S.

Quick Browse
New/First Time Passports
Child/Infant passport
Replace/Lost or stolen
Name Change
Visa Pages
Extend Validity

Proof of Citizenship for children born outside the U.S.

To prove your U.S. citizenship, you must submit an official copy of ONE fo the following documents.

If you were born outside the United States:

  • Previous U.S. Passport
  • Certificate of Naturalization Certificate
  • Certificate of Citizenship
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240)
  • Certificate of Birth (Form DS-1350 or FS-545)

In addition, you have to submit a certified copy of the chilid's foreign birth certificate. If the certificate is not in the english language, an official translation is also required,

If none of these documents are available, please call us at 718-387-5441 for further documentation required.

Extensive step- by-step instructions, information and application forms online for all your US Passport and travel visa needs.

Our site helps international travelers easily understand the requirements Travelers are often not sure of the documentation required to enter foreign country. Click here for for detailed information.

To get answers to frequently asked questions or to learn about the passport and visa procedure please click here